All the Governors and staff at Ysgol Penboyr share an objective to ensure that the children are safe, by:
- providing a safe environment for them to learn
- identifying children who are suffering or likely to suffer significant harm; and taking the appropriate actions with the aim of making sure that they are kept safe, both at home and in their educational setting.
To achieve this objective, we:
- aim to prevent unsuitable people working with the children
- promote safe practice and challenge any poor or unsafe practice
- identify instances where there are grounds for concern about a child’s welfare and initiate or take appropriate action to help keep them safe
- contribute to effective partnership working with all those involved in providing services for our children.
Should you have any queries please contact Dr. C James as she is the main designated person for Child Protection. Rev. Dr. John Gillibrand is the designated Child Protection Governor.